Indoor cycling can be a very fulfilling and intense workout, with a potential to burn up to 600 calories in 45 minutes. However, it is important to be well prepared before every class so that you can minimize discomfort during as well as after the workout.
At a platform like Go2Activity, based in Austin, you can enjoy access to a broad number of options for joining your first indoor cycling class. But before that, you should keep in mind the following.
- Register online well before your desired class date
Last minute rush is chaotic and can be disheartening too if you are unable to get a spot. In order to ensure that you are able to join the class on your desired date, it is wiser to make advance registrations online.
- Clip in bike shoes for spin class
Just like every other kind of workout, indoor cycling demands the right kind of shoes that are athletic, strong and give you adequate cushioning so that your feet can stay firm and safe all throughout the session.
- Know what to wear to cycling class
In addition to paying attention to your shoes, you need to pay attention to your clothes as well. Indoor cycling wear should be well fitted, flexible and breathable so that your movements are not hindered and you stay comfortable while spinning.
- Customize your spin class bike setup
Another very important thing that you must remember is to arrive at the class at least ten minutes early. That way, it would be easier for you to pick a bike that suits your physique. In addition to that, you would also get the required time to make the necessary adjustments to the handle bars, the seats and other aspects of the spin-bike.
- Stay well hydrated before, during and after spinning class
You should not spin on an empty stomach. At the same time, you should not eat too much or your stomach would get really uncomfortable during the exercise. A light pre-workout snack like boiled eggs and green tea should be taken an hour before you go to the class. Similarly, you should drink plenty of water and carry a sipper to keep yourself well hydrated during the workout. This is very important otherwise the exertion may lead to dehydration, a drop in your blood pressure and in worst cases, fainting and dizziness.
- After cycling class stretching exercises
You can expect some soreness in your body if it is your very first indoor cycling class. But this wouldn’t last too long. Stretching properly will further reduce the pain and improve your flexibility in the long run. Stretching your calf muscles, your thighs and gluts can be very helpful if you want to ease into a healthy workout routine.
- Spinning tips for beginners
To sum it all up, beginners should take care of the following and enjoy the overall spinning experience:
- Use your abdominal strength to keep you balanced and also, to strengthen your core.
- Do not let your knees bow out to the sides.
- Keep your feet flat on the pedals to avoid any ankle injuries.
- Avoid hunching your shoulders and stay relaxed.
- Keep checking your form by looking into the mirror or keep asking the instructor when in doubt about your posture.